Pawn Stars Reviewed:
WHAT DOES PAWN STARS, THE SHOW, OFFER?
According to Commonsensemedia.org, “Bickering, hard bargains mark show about family business”. The site goes on to comment that pawn stars is a reality series about the inner workings of a Vegas pawn shop that provides an interesting look at capitalism at its most basic level.
Are the pawn stars good role models? Yes and no… but mostly yes! At least according to parents and educators ~ The men who run the shop have a tempestuous relationship and they bicker often. Poor communication as a family maybe, but they are running a business here, and bickering is great communication for a reality show. Is it all real, probably not, we think that they play to the camera smartly. Hey, no one wants to see mature, intelligent communication on a reality show!
They’re aggressive salespeople who are looking for an edge in a deal. So, they are not unscrupulous, they just push hard for the best deal. It’s not personal; it’s just good business.
WHAT PARENTS AND EDUCATORS SAY
- 57% say there are positive role models
- 43% say there are positive messages
- Pawn Stars Tonight – Weird Science & a Blast From the Past (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)
- Watch Pawn Stars Season Three Episode 68: Silent and Deadly Free Online Stream (socyberty.com)
- Pawn Stars: Cannons and Klingons and Knights. Oh my! (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)
- Pawn Stars Hero Chumlee Reports Corey Lost 30 Pounds! (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)