In the world of technology, there is the saying that parallels comments about the weather, just wait a day and it will change. While new technology does not move quite that swiftly, it does move fast. One year you will hear that computers can handle one gigabyte of information, then suddenly it is up to four gigabytes, then 80 gigabytes, and so on.
Now, there are machines that easily handle up to two terabytes, the equivalent of 2,000 gigabytes. For a better frame of reference, take a look at the chart below and look at just how much memory potential the computer industry has in store, pardon the pun.
(Information below provided by http://www.whatsabyte.com.)
Processor or Virtual Storage Disk Storage
· 1 Bit = Binary Digit · 1 Bit = Binary Digit
· 8 Bits = 1 Byte · 8 Bits = 1 Byte
· 1024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte · 1000 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
· 1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte · 1000 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
· 1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte · 1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
· 1024 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte · 1000 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
· 1024 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte · 1000 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte
· 1024 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte · 1000 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
· 1024 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte · 1000 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte
· 1024 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte · 1000 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte
· 1024 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte · 1000 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte
· 1024 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte
I know, I know, this is probably way more than you wanted to see, but if you happen to be a real technology junkie, this has got to be impressive; that is, of course, if you did not know about it already. Having showed this, the real story here is about the new smart phone capabilities coming from the iPhone 5. It has not been that long since iPhone 4S was the topic of the day; as previously mentioned, technology moves very fast.
The Apple iPhone 5 is expected to be released sometime later in 2012. Speculations revolve around an early Fall debut, but it is only speculation at this time. Even so, no doubt it will find just as much fanfare as its predecessors, the iPhone 4S, 4, etc. Which leads to what is to be expected, a sell-off of used iPhones. Pawn shops around the country are likely to be bombarded with customers trying to offload their nicely used phones of the 4S, 4, and other previous iPhones. When other releases occurred, the reaction was the same as what is expected when the iPhone 5 comes to a store near you; a fever pitched scramble to upgrade.
A question that is bound to be brought up is what Apps will grace this new phone that is functional and practical? Well, both of these terms are relative to what one may mean by functional and practical. Defining these words to suit this new technology is neither practical or functional for the readership. What really matters is related directly to the needs of each user, individually, not collectively. To get a real good feel for what this unbelievable phone possess, read the subsequent blog describing some mind-blowing apps and abilities.
- Apple working on new iPad ‘Smart Case,’ Gorilla glass 2-backed iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Technology Focus: Moving to the Zettabyte Era (ibtimes.com)
- What a New iPad Means for the iPhone (iphone.appstorm.net)
- Is this the iPhone 5? (buyitorfryit.com)
- Data Deluge (ibanniebtechsupport.wordpress.com)
Boca Raton Pawn is South Florida’s largest buyer and collateral lender. We give loans for jewelry, watches, electronics, and much more!
One of our most popular items is the Apple iPhone. We recently acquired one (3G) in good condition and it is on eBay as we speak. Its starting bid is only $1!
The iPhone has 8GB of memory and is in good working condition. The screen is not scratched but the back of the case is. All the external buttons are working as well. This iPhone includes a white Apple USB cord for charging purposes.
Come to Boca Raton Pawn and get the most for your belongings.
by, Seth at Boca Raton Pawn