In the world of technology, there is the saying that parallels comments about the weather, just wait a day and it will change. While new technology does not move quite that swiftly, it does move fast. One year you will hear that computers can handle one gigabyte of information, then suddenly it is up to four gigabytes, then 80 gigabytes, and so on.
Now, there are machines that easily handle up to two terabytes, the equivalent of 2,000 gigabytes. For a better frame of reference, take a look at the chart below and look at just how much memory potential the computer industry has in store, pardon the pun.
(Information below provided by http://www.whatsabyte.com.)
Processor or Virtual Storage Disk Storage
· 1 Bit = Binary Digit · 1 Bit = Binary Digit
· 8 Bits = 1 Byte · 8 Bits = 1 Byte
· 1024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte · 1000 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte
· 1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte · 1000 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
· 1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte · 1000 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte
· 1024 Gigabytes = 1 Terabyte · 1000 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte
· 1024 Terabytes = 1 Petabyte · 1000 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte
· 1024 Petabytes = 1 Exabyte · 1000 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte
· 1024 Exabytes = 1 Zettabyte · 1000 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte
· 1024 Zettabytes = 1 Yottabyte · 1000 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte
· 1024 Yottabytes = 1 Brontobyte · 1000 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte
· 1024 Brontobytes = 1 Geopbyte
I know, I know, this is probably way more than you wanted to see, but if you happen to be a real technology junkie, this has got to be impressive; that is, of course, if you did not know about it already. Having showed this, the real story here is about the new smart phone capabilities coming from the iPhone 5. It has not been that long since iPhone 4S was the topic of the day; as previously mentioned, technology moves very fast.
The Apple iPhone 5 is expected to be released sometime later in 2012. Speculations revolve around an early Fall debut, but it is only speculation at this time. Even so, no doubt it will find just as much fanfare as its predecessors, the iPhone 4S, 4, etc. Which leads to what is to be expected, a sell-off of used iPhones. Pawn shops around the country are likely to be bombarded with customers trying to offload their nicely used phones of the 4S, 4, and other previous iPhones. When other releases occurred, the reaction was the same as what is expected when the iPhone 5 comes to a store near you; a fever pitched scramble to upgrade.
A question that is bound to be brought up is what Apps will grace this new phone that is functional and practical? Well, both of these terms are relative to what one may mean by functional and practical. Defining these words to suit this new technology is neither practical or functional for the readership. What really matters is related directly to the needs of each user, individually, not collectively. To get a real good feel for what this unbelievable phone possess, read the subsequent blog describing some mind-blowing apps and abilities.
- Apple working on new iPad ‘Smart Case,’ Gorilla glass 2-backed iPhone 5 (9to5mac.com)
- Technology Focus: Moving to the Zettabyte Era (ibtimes.com)
- What a New iPad Means for the iPhone (iphone.appstorm.net)
- Is this the iPhone 5? (buyitorfryit.com)
- Data Deluge (ibanniebtechsupport.wordpress.com)
Most of us have been there – just got a new phone and a few months later, bam, another newer and better one is on the market. If you are one of those who really try to stay on top of technology and its impressive changes, then the problem of unloading what you have is something to deal with quite frequently. Well, there is a solution. Drive on down to a pawn shop that will serve your needs; there is a real motivation to serve all of those Ipod and Iphone owners. Obviously, no one wants to lose money on a purchase. That is why pawn shops are a wonderful option; besides, they will do what it takes to earn your business.
One of the goals that you will probably have is to retain as much cash as possible to make your next purchase of a new phone or other portable technology. This is natural, and you can’t be faulted for this. A pawn shop that literally specializes in taking care of customers like you is worth the drive and your business. Being served as a customer and not a dollar sign means a whole lot more and goes a long way to retaining anyone’s business.
Buy or Sell Iphones
If you don’t have a need for a new Iphone or Ipod, then the pawn shop is a great option to reduce cost and purchase a previously owned piece of technology that you can rely upon. What a tremendous experience to be able to have such a great selection right in front of you; and so convenient as well. Talk about a great shopping experience, and just in time for getting the Christmas gifts for that special someone in your life. So, strap on a smile and get ready to satisfy
that itch or inkling to do shopping your way; hassle free.
Boca Raton Pawn, Florida’s preferred Boca Pawn Broker
- New iPhone? Yes, please! But what’s to become of the iPod? (chron.com)
- Pawn Star Rick’s Book – License To Pawn (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)
- Pawn Smart! How to be a Pawn Star Yourself! (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)
- Boca Raton Pawn Stars: A Peek Into Our Shop (bocaratonpawn.wordpress.com)